Food safety is our top priority for Freebird.
- When handled and cooked properly to 165°F, you can continue to have full confidence in the turkey and other poultry products you consume.
- Proper handling and preparation techniques for raw foods are so important for consumers to know, understand and follow.
- Please follow these safe handling and cooking instructions when serving turkey.
- As with all fresh products, you should wash your hands and cooking utensils thoroughly, avoid cross contamination with other foods, cook food to a proper internal temperature, and refrigerate promptly to prevent food safety problems.
- Cooking turkey to an internal temperature of 165° F, as measured by a food thermometer, is recommended by the USDA.
- Consumers who choose to feed a raw meat diet to their pets should take care to prevent cross-contamination and exposure to household members.